Thursday, February 3, 2011

These Boots Were Made for Walking....

Hello fellow fashionistas! Sorry to forward your mind to Jessica Simpson in daisy dukes as you read the headline. Not as classy as Stevie Nicks, I know. Anyway, as I searched for this week’s latest clothing trends, I succumbed to my anticipation to make a blog post dedicated to shoes. This was intended to be a later post in a few weeks as a surprise, but, I couldn’t handle it. I love shoes too much to save them for a later date.  Shoes are great because they last a long time, and therefore, are worth your hard-earned money! In addition, it’s easy to experiment with new styles of shoes, whereas new clothing styles can sometimes be a gamble. Shoes also rarely go out of style, but new trends always keep appearing on the market. Enough with my ramble on the importance of shoes, it’s about time you see some styles! Cue the drooling!

As expected from my last blog post, 70s shoe trends are in style! This includes a look of high, platform sandals with lots of wood and brown leather designing. For example,


Lauren by Ralph Lauren Sadia $109
BCBGeneration $100
















Another style that I’m seeing in stores everywhere nowadays is a blush tone pump or sandal:

L.A.M.B. Crepe $365
Pierre Dumas Carolina $65

            
                                                                           













Now that the outside is starting to become a continuous frozen tundra, I hope all of you already own a pair of rain boots or snow boots to slush through the snow in. But, if you don’t, here is one of my favorite picks:                  


      
Hunter Original $125
                                                                     

Obviously these styles are a little pricey, and therefore you may be weary of getting your frat on in these particular shoes, but mind you, these are examples of the kinds of styles that you might want to look for in other stores that fit your budget! Personally, I prefer to shop on websites that carry shoes I can afford! Try piperlime.com, modcloth.com, or lulus.com for online sites that are budget promising (sometimes these sites also include online coupons you can search for!). As for actual stores, I like the Urban Outfitters shoe section, good ol’ DSW, and maybe the little splurge here and there from Nordstrom. Even Forever 21 has some trendy shoes these days! It’s definitely worth taking a look!

I can’t wait until this weather passes so I can start getting my feet uber-chic again! At least our good friend Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring!


All images courtesy of piperlime.com 

2 comments:

  1. Cute title! I truly enjoy reading your blog every week! You have some great ideas, tips, and suggestions, and a really catchy way of getting your point across. I love seeing the pictures you provide and appreciate the suggestions as to where to look for said styles. Can't wait to read next week's entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love TOMS. I'm obsessed with them and I buy them all the time.

    My problem with shoes is that I want them in more colors or for different occasions and if a shoe is on sale then the "oh my god this is too good" rambling goes on. And what do you get? A closet full of shoes I don't know what to do with.

    My problem is that I go for showy too much. My showy to practical ratio is a little off, and we all know- how many black pumps do you really need?

    I'm a fan of TJmax. It's a hit or miss, but when it's a hit, it's a HIT.

    ReplyDelete