Thursday, February 24, 2011

Early Spring Phil?

        Can’t we go back to last week? The subtle taste of spring effortlessly slipped its way into both our weekday forecast and our subsequent wardrobe choices last week. It felt so natural and peaceful to walk around outside without having to come to class looking like you just attended a funeral with watery eyes and running noses; to actually leave class on time, without having to bundle yourself up for an extra twenty minutes with your winter jacket, scarf, gloves, and hat; and to actually be, well, happy. I suppose I’m still in the winter blues, just waiting for any sign of a blooming flower or buzzing bee. Well, maybe not the bees. Oh, please Mother Nature, can’t you give us anything to signify the beginning of spring? These were my thoughts before I realized Spring Break was next week. Next week! Talk about a change in mood! Spring Break means finally being able to break out the springtime clothes you’ve been dying to wear. Even if you’re not going anywhere warm, Spring Break can mean going home and finally being able to purchase the clothes you’ve been dying to buy in an effort to prepare yourself for the upcoming season. So just what clothes are you going to pack into your suitcase for your trip to South Carolina? Well, you’ve come to the right place! If you’re looking for some tips on what to pack or what to buy while you’re home, hopefully you can find some relief from this post!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the extra money you have to spend because your overflowing suitcase weighs more than 50 pounds. 



Let's start with a cute romper and dress. Rompers, like I said in my last post, are really great because their flexible from day to night. And you can never go wrong with an iconic floral springtime dress. 

Spring Floral Dress; $12.90; Forever 21
Printed Deep-V Romper Cover Up; $49; Urban Outfitters
















A cute floral skirt is always an essential piece to a Spring Break suitcase. Also, the high-waisted shorts featured at the right are really in style right now. 


In Bloom Knit Skirt; $13.80; Forever 21 
Timeshare Short; $34.99; Modcloth

                               












I'm sure you guys can find tops you like pretty well, but I just found this one to be super beach-like:

 
Playa del Pink Top; $49.99; Modcloth.com


Consistent with the beach theme, what would Spring Break be without a swimsuit? Pricey, I know. But still glorious to drool over!

Crochet One Piece; $148; Free People
Pick Your Path Bikini; $138; Anthropologie





          











Is your suitcase overflowing yet? Thought so. 

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely missing that tease of spring that came last week too. Can't believe that spring break is only a week away though! Unfortunately, I won't be traveling anywhere warm, but am excited to make some new purchases. I love the pink top and think the high-waisted shorts are really interesting. However, I feel like some people (definitely me!)would have a hard time pulling them off. Are you going anywhere for the break?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The warm weather was so nice, but way too short. I'm definitely looking forward to the spring, when people can start wearing more colorful and brighter clothes. The floral pieces are really, really pretty. I think I definitely need to start shopping at Forever 21 more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH THIS IS ALL I WANT. Yeah, rompers, like I said are awesome.

    I have this canvas like texture gray pair of high waist shorts that I purchased at Banana Republic and I wore them at least once a week despite the fact that I had to thoroughly iron them every time I wore them.

    Also- tucking in both loose and tight tops into both high waist and hip hugger shorts with a belt is new too. People in the past have been afraid to tuck stuff in for fear of looking nerdy I guess? Yeah, i don't know. But I'm glad it's in now.

    ReplyDelete